Weight loss is not rocket science but it is definitely science. To lose weight effectively and to keep it away you must follow a healthier route instead of following unhealthy fad diets. The best way to lose weight without losing your mind is by following the ancient medical science, Ayurveda. Ayurveda has an answer for all your queries that too in the most natural way possible. Below we have mentioned some of the best Ayurveda tips for a healthy weight loss journey.
- Drink copper charged water every day- Drinking copper charged water every morning on an empty stomach helps in boosting the metabolism while giving a great start to your day. The copper content present in the water helps in pumping up your digestive system and makes you feel awake. Store fresh drinking water in a copper jug or copper tumbler at night and drink this copper treated water the next morning. Follow this super simple ritual every day to keep excess weight at bay.
- Exercise daily- Whether it is doctors in the present era or ancient Ayurveda, both suggests working out for at least 45-60 minutes every day to keep the body fit and fine. You can either sweat it out in the gym or you can choose a physical activity which you thoroughly enjoy and which will get your heart rate pumped up.
- Meditate every day- Not many people are aware of this but one of the common reasons for weight gain is also stress. Daily indulgence in meditation for at least 10 minutes can help in reducing the stress level considerably which in turn helps in managing your weight. It also helps in putting you in a more peaceful state of mind leading to better decision making.
- Eat three balanced meals a day- When trying to lose weight one needs to concentrate on two main aspects which are proper exercising and a well-balanced diet. Most of the people mess up their eating habits which lead to weight gain in the first place. Your entire food consumption should be broken into three main meals i.e. the breakfast, lunch and dinner. Make sure to have a filling breakfast followed by a hefty lunch and your dinner being the lightest meal of all. This way you are never going to gain any extra pounds.
- Include all six tastes in your diet- Ayurveda recognizes six different tastes namely- sweet, salty, bitter, sour, pungent and astringent. To maintain a healthy balance in the body it is very important to include all six in your diet. The three tastes out of the six (sweet, sour and salty) are anabolic in nature which means they build up in your body. These need the other three tastes (bitter, pungent and astringent) which are catabolic in nature and cut down the buildup. Too much of the anabolic tastes without enough of the catabolic tastes may lead to weight gain. So make sure to maintain a healthy balance between the two.
- Maintain proper sleeping pattern- Maintaining a proper sleeping pattern is very important for keeping the flow of hormones in check. Lingering around mobile or television screen late at night can disturb your sleeping patterns greatly and leave you baffled at the same time. It is very important to provide your body 7-8 hours of sleep daily to detoxify and rejuvenate itself. This helps in maintaining the level of cortisol at the normal level as a disturbance in the same may lead to weight gain. more detail......