You might be aware of the various health benefits of drinking copper treated water but it may surprise you that the copper intake in the dietary aspect can provide you with amazing anti-aging benefits as well. Regular use of copper water provides with younger looking skin by enhancing the growth of healthy cells. And it is a scientifically proven fact.
- It carries proteins- Copper peptides play a crucial role of carrying nourishing proteins/peptides with it. This means that copper acts as a carrier of proteins throughout our body which is very helpful for curing and nourishing the damaged skin. Peptides are a combination of protein and copper molecule.
- It acts as an antioxidant- Copper keeps us looking younger as we age with its anti aging properties that protect our skin, hair and eyes from free radical damage. Copper is needed for the utilization of the body’s most powerful natural anti-oxidant enzymes called superoxide dismutase. It protects the body from oxidative stress and aging.
- Promotes the production of collagen- research has suggested that copper helps in building collagen which is responsible for maintaining skin’s elasticity and youthful appearance. Along with that copper helps in the production of elastin which is a substance found in the connective tissue of the skin which keeps it flexible. It also helps in repairing and renewing it. .
- For healthy hair, skin and eyes- Sufficient amount of copper is required by the body for it to produce melanin, and the natural color of the eyes and hair. Copper plays a crucial role in the production of melanin which is responsible for giving the skin and hair its color. It is also responsible for the color of our eyes and is crucial along with zinc to keep the color of our eyes bright and intact during our old age.
- Prevents anemia- it also helps our body to produce red blood cells, thus preventing anemia. It also plays an important role in keeping the immune system and nerves healthy which is a sign of youthfulness.
Natural sources of copper
Most of the modern diets lack healthy amounts of copper which can only be found in whole food items. This is the reason why the cases of copper deficiency are on the rise.
- Drink copper charged water- Copper charged water is great for improving the overall health. Water stored in copper utensil is loaded with vital nutrients which help in fighting several life threatening diseases.
- Include copper rich foods in your diet- Foods like cashews, sesame seeds, almonds, dark leafy green vegetables, beans, mushrooms, etc.
- Include protein rich foods in your diet- Our body’s collagen production naturally begins to slow down as we age. Collagen provides a foundation and thickness to the skin. Include food items like milk, eggs, grains, soya bean, flax seeds, beans, red fruits and vegetables, green leafy vegetables, etc. in your diet.
- Exercise regularly- By increasing the blood flow, exercise helps nourish skin cells and keep them healthy.